Follow the six easy steps
Please pay particular attention to recording your Car Kms used for Nurses. This is the single most important area of your tax information which drives the size of your potential tax refund.
Don't forget your personal use of your car for:
• Travel for training course
• In service training
• Medical product demonstration
• Travel from 1 hospital to another
• Attending seminars/educational
• ECG interpretation training
• Administration CAR Kms
• Visiting patients at Home
• Visiting patients at aftercare programs
• CPR and emergency training
• Rural nursing visits/training
• Nursing student educational travel
ATO Tax rulings mean you do not need written evidence to show how many kilometres you have travelled, but they may ask you to show how you worked out your business kilometres.
Hint: there is plenty of scope or flexibility in this tax deduction area. The rate approved by the ATO is set at 66 cents per kilometre.
For more detailed information click below:
ATO Set Rate Car Kms Ruling